Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vacation 2013



When I was younger, we used to take week long lake trips with the family. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and grandpas boat. So as a family, we decided it was time (it had been 20 years since the last all family trip with the boat!). After a few years of wanting too and a another year of planning, we had a house. A big house. Everyone had a room and most had their own bathroom. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, our youngest generation, a few strays, and grandpas boat. This house was full, and the boat was more full. To get there, the boat was packed with a freezer that had preplanned meals for the week. It had outdoor toys for the little ones, and probably some yard work equipment to keep a few ladies busy. Our cars were all filled to the top with kids, clothes, food, stuff and junk. We had a week on the lake. How awesome does this trip sound? After looking forward to it since we payed a year in advance, we were on our way to Brant Lake New York. An easy 2 1/2 drive. I was 35 weeks and 6 days pregnant. My dr told me to go as I was no where near labor 2 days before leaving. Logan was born at 41 weeks so having a baby was the least of my concerns. I was going to be lazy while everyone took care of my kid, well planned.

On our way! He napped a bit and then watched Curious George.


This was our back yard for the week.


We had kayaks, row boats, canoes and peddle boats to use. Matt enjoyed our first evening there on the lake,


Logan liked making the boat go "beep"
Wonder what cassette tape is in the player.



Didnt plan for Logan to be wet but its vacation! anything goes!




This was dinner and a good view of some of the people in the house. Some people keft after a few nights, others came at the end of the week


And that concludes MY vacation. Baby Bard 2 decided to come at 36 weeks. Day 2 of vacation. That will be next post. For now, I leave you with my original plan of having my family take care of Logan on vacation. I did think I would be there sitting around watching and napping and maybe crocheting. Instead, I was not there, nor was Matt. Logan stayed the rest of week and enjoyed every moment of it. He had no clue what was going on at home.

But they put him to work to earn his keep. Even though at this point, he had payed more than any person there for a single occupant and he didnt even have his own room.


Vacation.



mmmm. I missed Sundae night :(




Glad I didnt have to bath him after all this playing.



At least he had a buddy to play with.



Logan had a blast. Thats what matters most. Good news is, This house is booked for next year and I have every intention of being there the full week! I will not miss sundae night again! 


No comments: