Thursday, July 23, 2015

Analee Carolina Bard

38.6w pregnant!





June 11, 2015. 

My mother in law slept over our house the night before our scheduled C section so we could leave the house at 5am and be at the hospital for 5:30.


Last pregnant selfie!


My OB was scheduled to deliver baby 3. The first time I met her was 2 weeks before Logan was born. She was the one on when I scheduled my induction with him and she delivered Logan via C section. She was my permanent OB from then on. She was scheduled to deliver Emelia but my spontaneous water breakage changed that plan. I switched practices to be closer to home and because she had come to our local office. After telling her that I was pretty sure I was done having kids, 3 months later I was in her office with our little surprise. I saw her for all appointments and was just hoping baby 3 would make it to our scheduled day because I wanted my dr to be a part of this. And while my drs car was in the shop getting her snow tires off (seriously, in June?!?!), She was slicing me open. The nurses before my C section were so friendly and awesome and it was so relaxing and seemed just calm. They prepped me and wheeled me into the OR. The nurses were chatting and laughing and it was just a calm atmosphere in there. Nothing was loud or overwhelming. There were very few people compared to me last 2 C sections (Emelias was a whirlwind of people due to the cleft and being premature). After getting all set with my spinal (didnt even feel it going in.), Matt came in the room. Even he seemed a bit caught off guard as to how few people were really in the room and just how simple this seemed. My dr told me that I should be screaming in pain at how hard she test pinched me so we must be ready to go! Boy or Girl?!?! I was so sure it was a little boy. I dont know why but I was convinced it was a boy from day 1. And I was completely fine with that as 2 girls seemed much more overwhelming than 2 boys. The anesthesiologist was working some amazing magic because I told him I threw up during my last 2 C sections. This time, I told him I was about to throw up and started dry heaving. Matt said the man shot some "shit" into the lines and I was immediately cured of the nausea. The calm room and simple chatter just felt really good and normal. The stamper of nurse feet and louder noises from the dr while people started moving quickly got me so excited. "How do you want to find out Kristin?" my dr asked. "get ready!" Boy or Girl?!?!. I heard the crying and Matt stood up. His smile was huge! They asked matt if he wanted to tell me and he said no, they could show me. The nurse brought the baby around and I was confused because I didnt see balls... Oh! Its a girl! A Girl?!?! Matt could see my shocked face. Clearly I didnt peek during any of my 15 ultrasounds! The room was still calm and yet a baby was crying. It was so peaceful. They brought the baby back to me real quick while still putting me back together. They took the drape down and got my comfy. My dr just looked at me and smiled and told me all went well. Of all the risks, the surgery itself was over and I could now stop worrying. 

Analee Carolina Bard
June 11, 2015
6lb 15oz
8:20am




The nurse took the camera out of matts hand and made us do a family shot. Why didnt anyone do that in my last 2 c sections? This experience was just easy and really kind of fun for so many odd reasons



I did all the work and he gets to walk away with the baby... 


in our room, bonding.








Matt picked the kids up and had them come meet "baby sister"


Logans first words were "Can I kiss her?"  ahhh such a sweet boy.



"whos that?"




and she kissed her too :)


No comments: