Thursday, January 22, 2009

The house will be ours someday

Just not anytime in the next few weeks. GRR! This seems like a long time to me, but I have also never bought a house before. We went to the bank on monday to hand in the neccesary paperwork and sign a few papers. All was good! And Matt got a call today from the bank. Apperently the people who were going to buy the house before us got approved for an FHA loan for the address of the home we are buying. Therefore, we can not have an FHA loan on it because they do... sort of. We have to wait for them to clear up the fact they are not buying the house and need to take it out of the system. I think it goes like that. So until they clear it up, we are on hold. I know the agent is working on it and im sure others are doing their part. And when the loan gets cleared we can get our appraisal and then get a closing date! The longer it takes, the more time to pack I guess. It will hopefully get a bit warmer too so moving day wont be in the negatives. More time to save money also. Its sooner than we planned on buying, so I can't complain. We still have the house as far as we know and we just sit and wait... and wait... and wait.
In other news! I have been getting better with my sewing machine. After 3 attempts, I made a camera case. Im not 100% satisfyed and will continue to make a better one, but its usable and I would show it off!

No comments: