Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We will have a couch in about 5 weeks.

This couch had better be perfect cause it took a lot of work.
We visited Ramour and Flanigan. Fell in love with a couch set. We had every intention of buying it and the lady was putting our order together. We told her we wanted the chocolate brown color and it went downhill from there. The couch only came in blue or green. So even though they had a color sheet with brown and it was the same fabric, it would cost us $275.00 to special order it. So why should we pay for them having non neutral blue and green? We decided that it was stupid to pay extra when we could buy something else somewhere else. We told that saled lady we were no longer interested and she proceded to explain the financing. Matt told her Financing was not the issue, wasting money on something pointless is. lol. She gave us her card and we left.
I emailed Raymour and Flanigan. I told them I thought it seemed odd to pay for a color the couch is available in. They responded that it is a "special order". Whatever.
I called Pieraways this morning because they are a dealer of Berkline. They did not carry that style couch. But! they could order it for me. So I sighed and asked how much, thinking a custom order would not be cheap. He gave me the prce of the couch and it was cheaper than at Raymour. I asked about the brown and he said that it only came in ble and green. WHAT? So I told him that it comes in brown and red and tan also and that I wanted the brown. He looked into it and told me that it does come in brown. And!! That because it is the same material, it would not cost extra. I marched right down to Pieraways and ordered my couch, loveseat, and chair. We saved $650.00 by not buying it from Raymour and Flanigan. My couch comes in 5 weeks. :) And I did email Raymour and Flanigan back. I told them I enjoyed their showroom and found a couch I loved. But I bought it at a place that did not charge me for the color I wanted. :P

My couch set. We are getting the dark brown. The chair rocks and reclines and the loveseat and couch recline. We are so excited! And we might be buying our tv tonight. And no, Matt has not painted the room yet.

No comments: