Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Catch up!

In June, Matthew and I were told that our only chance to have children of our own was to do IVF/ICSI. Thats a last chance senerio to most infertle couples. Theres a lot you can do before resorting to that but our probable outcomes for them was slim to none. Insurance approved us for the procedure and we started right away.


 I had to go on birth control pills for one month to suppress something. Nothing like going to the pharmacy for 2 prescriptions; birth control pills amd prenatal vitamins. Kinda amusing to me. I took my shots to stimulate my ovaries. The first shot took me about 15 mins to get up the courage. But I quickly became a pro and they never hurt or left a mark. I went for bloodwork almost every other day for 2 weeks, and ultrasounds on a regular basis. I went in for surgery to remove my eggs and they got 9. Thats a low number but more does not mean better and the less I had the less likely I would get sick from over stimulating. Out of those 9, 8 fertilized and 5 went on to make it to a day 5 transfer. They transfered one embryo due to my young age and me being as healthy as I possibly can be. That one took! But it turned out to be ectopic. It was not in my tube and was suspected to be on my ovary. I recieved shots to end it and that was the most painful thing I have been through to date. As soon as I recovered, we were on to the next round!
3 embryos made it into storage (freezing) and therefor I did not need shots this time. I got bloodwork done once and we were good to go! They transfered one embryo and luckily only needed to thaw one so we still have 2 left in storage. That little embryo decided to go where it should and right away we knew this time was better than last time.
This is 5w4d. The scan was done because of some heavy bleeding that turned out to be unrelated to baby.


This scan was 6w4d to check for heartbeat and discharge me. The heart beat was 126bpm but I did not get dishcharged yet due to bleeding still.

This scan was done at 8w4d and we found a heartbeat of 171 bpm. This scan was done to discharge me from the IVF place and send me off as a normal patient. We say baby kick its legs  :)






No comments: