Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week one home with Logan

On the way home from the hospital, we stopped to see the dogs who were staying at my inlaws house. 


My mom was waiting at my house with balloons scattered around the outside and inside. And the "its a boy" sign was/is above my garage door. She cleaned my house while we were in the hospital and Bryan mowed the lawn for us. Later that night, they came over and cooked dinner for us at our house. And my inlaws stopped by.

 Matt wanted to copy Logans position.


 He doesnt mind being on his tummy.


 The boys! Minus Olly.


 Hes just cute!


 Me and Mommy!


 My mom was home for the week and Matt really needed to be at work. So Matt had Monday off and we bought groceries. Tuesday my mom brought me and Logan to his first dr appointment. He was only 3 ozs shy of his birth weight which is wonderful. Then we went to Walmart and got some little boys clothes. Wednesday My mom and Bryan took me and Logan to breakfast. Wednesday evening, my mom and Grandma took me and Logan to Kohls for more boy clothes. Thursday, we stayed home. Friday we went to Tom and Sonyas and did some cute little boy pictures. Saturday, I woke up early and went to McDonalds to say hi to my old coworkers. Then Matt and I went to breakfast. Saturday night we had a BBQish thing at my cousins with the family.
  Can you tell Im not one for staying home cooped up? We took it easy and I did relax and sit down much of the week cuddling with my new man.
  How did my baby sleep for the first week home? Better than I could have asked. Bed at 10 or 11 up at 2 or 3 and then again at 6-7. And he slept in the pack 'n play right next to the bed. There were a few times he fell asleep in our bed while I was nursing him and fell asleep but usually he was in his bed. I felt more rested having a newborn than I did when I was pregnant.
   I had to stay on top of my meds for the week or else I could feel it. I was going slow and taking it easy but it was sore for a good while. Night was the worst. Getting in and out of bed was the hardest part and after laying down for 3 or 4 hours, getting up hurt. Every night and every day was much better than the day before. I was taking ibuprofen for swelling and percocets for pain. By thursday, one week after c-section, I stopped my percs which I was down to only taking once in the morning. I took regular tylenol as needed. I couldnt carry Logan in his carrier or laundry up the stairs but I had people to do that for me :)
   Week one was easy. Too easy. I recovered and Logan slept every hour of the day and night. Too easy. Next time wont be so easy.

No comments: