Monday, March 5, 2012

Logan, 7 months old!

What Logan can (and can't) do!

Master skills:
Sits without support- Yes! I can leave him sitting on the floor and go upstairs to do laundry and know he is fine. Even if he falls over, he is more graceful now. I wouldn't leave him unattended on a hard suffice but hes good on carpet.
Drags objects toward himself- He does. He lunges forward when sitting to grab what he need.

Emerging skills:
Lunges forward or starts crawling- He lunges forward just fine. He doesn't crawl yet. Matt saw him scoot backwards a week ago but nothing more since. He knows he should be able to and he gets his belly off the ground but doesn't know where to go from there yet.
Jabbers or combines syllables- He says "mamamamama" and as of yesterday (the day he turned 7 months) he says "dadadadada" Sometimes its the short version "mama" or "dada". His word of choice though is "bla bla bla bla".
Starts to experience stranger anxiety-  He reaches his arms out for anyone who walks by and doesn't mind being in their arms. Sometimes he just wants cuddles but doesnt care who they are from. He has whined for me but he only does it if he sees me walk by when hes tired. If he doesn't see me, hes fine. We haven't had issues yet with leaving him with someone.

Advanced skills:
Waves goodbye- He has waved a few times when prompted but not for a specific reason.
Stands while holding something - Yes but he lets go without thinking and doesnt get into a standing position on his own yet.
Bangs objects together- yes. And on his head like its MY fault.
Begins to understand object permanence - Oh yes. He knows where a toy is when he drops it or it falls off the couch (and he tries to get it so no alone on the couch time!). We play peek a boo A LOT and he giggles when we play. Favorite game right now. And he knows when we take something away, like the phone or mouse and he may or may not throw a small fit and knows your keeping it from him.

I am going to assume that from everyone telling me I am spoiled beyond belief, that I really am. We cant go out to eat without listening to a screaming child. But that's not mine. We go out to eat at least 1 or 2 times a week, sometimes more. We go to the grocery store, walmart, mall, everywhere and my son has NEVER cried in a store or restaurant (yet). 7 months in and I have yet to be "that mom". I also know that I can go out and Logan will be good or else we would not go out so often. I bring as many toys fit in my GINORMOUS bag, including larger toys and as many teethers as I can find. Along with teething tablets (life savor and sleep savor). I have MEN coming up to me and telling me how amazing spoiled I am. Women flock over and oogle at him and get a smile and giggle from him and tell me how lucky I am. "Do you sleep?" is everyone's question. the answers is alway "he gets up a few times but goes right back to sleep". I am spoiled and lucky and grateful. And I am SCARED SHITLESS to rock the boat and have baby number 2 (who im sure will be just as awesome as number one right?!?!?!).
Logan has teeth. Somewhere under the gums. He has white spots now, and drool, and the fussiness and hands in the mouth. Teething tablets are our friend and work awesome. Along with having a variety of different shove in your mouth toys.
As of last week, I am no longer afraid of putting things into Logans mouth. He seems to get the mash your gums concept of eating instead of the swallow it down method. He eats his mum mums now with no issues and puffs and yogurt melts are being introduced. His foods of choice are sweet potato and pears. He seems to tolerate peaches and butternut squash, apples and bananas (in the mesh feeder). Green veggies are pushed to the side, even though I got him to try and like (oops!) my broccoli and cheese soup. He also seemed to like whipped cream and cream cheese. I gave him some pieces of steamed carrot yesterday and he ate them. So food is becoming easier and more fun.
He plays with his toys the way they are meant to be played with now (the age appropriate ones that is). He pivots around the room along with rolling to get where and what he wants. He prefers to sleep on his side. He loves the animals and Moxie and Simon love him back. He giggles and smiles on a regular basis and I cant get enough. He is starting to hug on and off command and I have received 2 baby kisses so far. He is growing out of his 9 month clothes because of how tall he is. He wants whatever is in our hands. He can sit and watch tv for a few seconds but he doesn't give a crap yet that its on or whats on it (which is a good thing!).
I love him, Matt loves him, and he loves us and everything. He is awesome and amazing and I am spoiled. :)

No comments: