Monday, May 28, 2012

May has sucked

The beginning of the month was off to a fairly good start. But then Logan was sick. 103.4 fever, runny nose, not his average happy self and in a Tylenol induced state. I can deal with them head cold. When the fever broke, I was thrilled. Until he was tugging on his ear. Okay, I'll call the dr now. Ear infection. Antibiotics, sure. Antibiotics cleaned out poor little Logan's belly but I guess it's bathing suit weather so it's all good. Logan is feeling better just in time for me to feel like crap. I had been planning things for my sis in laws baby shower for a month or 2 and it all boiled down to my Thursday and Friday plans. Wednesday was cleaning day and Logan went to Tori's while I cleaned. Score for clean. Thursday was baking cupcakes and getting decorations and everything ready for set up Saturday morning. Fail. I woke up sick. Power through and get over it. Thursday was spent shopping and erred running. Friday, sick. Fever of 104. Bought cupcakes and sort of cleaned a bit more. Saturday, crap. I felt like I was done for. Shower went okay but all my plans went out he window. Sunday was spent at the park with my niece and nephew, sis in law, friends, and hubs and Simon joined us. I decided I couldn't deal anymore on Sunday. Fever for too long, not eating right, not drinking right and the devastating realization that my child was going to starve unless I gave him formula. A ruined weekend was ruined even more by Logan's first ever formula bottle. He didn't seem to care what was going in the pie hole, he was good. Called dr on Monday when I couldn't swallow without wanting to cry. Tonsillitis. Great. Antibiotics. Sure. In still on my antibiotics but in feeling much better, and Logan is fully functioning too. Unfortunately, we don't seen to be getting back to a no formula routine yet. The bottles are kind of nice. I'm not subjugated to my son flashing my boobs to the world when he is not in the mood to be under a cover. I don't have to stress over whether he got enough milk or when I couldn't pump to replace a bottle he used from the freezer. In okay with it and I'm almost wishing I started sooner. He seems fuller and able to go longer between feeds. I also had to use disposable diapers because he got a yeast rash from the antibiotics. Matt admitted to liking cloth more than disposables. The fact that I never have blow outs with cloth and I had many this past week with disposables makes me enjoy cloth that much more. Now let's address this 5:30am wake up. Logan Bard, your sleep habits suck.

2 comments:

JoyceTheMom said...

Sure...you say Logan's sleep habits suck - and then you post a most adorable photo of him with is usualy ginormous smile! Like he's mocking you...Love it! hehehe. Hopefully you'll both get on an acceptable schedule soon.

JoyceTheMom said...

Sure...you say Logan's sleep habits suck - and then you post a most adorable photo of him with is usualy ginormous smile! Like he's mocking you...Love it! hehehe. Hopefully you'll both get on an acceptable schedule soon.