Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Im not ready for baby #2!

    After a few years of trying, IVF/ICSI, an ectopic, and then my successful frozen transfer resulted in my amazing baby boy, im not ready to go at it again. Matt has been ready for baby number 2 since Logan was born. And by born, I mean before I was even stitched up from the c-section. After years of wanting a baby, I am enjoying the fact that I have ONE. One is easy. One is manageable by me. One is not hard to clean up after. One fits in the grocery cart just fine. Im well aware that one child is easy and I love it. I also remember wanting to puke away my first trimester and sleep away my third trimester. How can my head be in the toilet all morning with a child who wants to inspect what Im doing and is demanding a diaper change and some food and uh... attention? How can I nap all day long during my third trimester with a high energy, shitty nap taking toddler boy? How am I supposed to recover from another c-section while caring for a high energy toddler, a baby, and now I have stairs in my house?!?! What if its a girl? There goes our savings and I already told Matt he will need to up my shopping budget. What it its a boy? If its a boy, Ill have a lot of  pressure to go for baby 3 in hopes of a girl. 3 boys is my limit and I am NOT going for baby 4. Im not really even sure about baby 3 and Im not ready for baby 2.
   I didnt have to worry about getting pregnant and the time for baby 2 was out of my hands for a year. Because of the c-secion, I had to wait till the babies would be born 2 or more years apart so I couldnt get pregnant until Logan was 15m old. They wouldnt approve me of it so i was safe. I told myself I would enjoy baby number 1 for a year without any thoughts of baby 2. Baby 2 was far in the distance. I could get pregnant in Novermber to make them 2 years apart. I dont want to be THAT pregnant for Logans birthday party so I wanted it a bit later. But I would call the infertility clinic when I got back from vacation and see when they wanted me to come back to do testing to be all set for my next frozen transfer. I came back Sunday. I called yesterday.
  By calling the infertility clinic, I have started the path for baby 2. I dont have to call to make an appointment until late next month and I can start going back in October so make for a winter transfer. When the nurse called me back to answer any questions I had, it was Ellen. Ellen called me to tell me I was not pregnant and it was probably ectopic and gave me a big hug (even though I was smiling because that was the most pregnant I had ever been! Im way to optimistic  ha ha) and she got to call me when I was pregnant. "Hi Kristin, its Ellen!" "Hi Ellen! I miss you" "Your ready to come back?" I told her about my wonderful son, and how awesome of a father he has and that we are ready for baby 2.
  "Yes Ellen, Im ready to come back!"

No comments: