Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Were going on a trip!

.And yes, that song was stuck in my head the whole train ride and the next week and it still is.

My mother in law and I along with a whiny and cranky non napping very good TODDLER boy names Logan, boarded the train. 5 hours on a train with Logan was not something I was looking forward to. I cried on and off all morning because he was crying on and off all morning. I was having trouble packing my bag because I could not leave him alone. I had 4 hours to go and that seemed like no time to me. I called Matt crying and told him I couldnt go. Not only could I not pack my bags, but how was I supposed to look all "I got this" on a train with a crying cranky and whiny boy. I didnt want to be THAT person. So I called the dr to squeeze in an appointment. 11:30am. That gave me 2 hours from the time I made it to get everything done because there was no time after the appointment. So, I cut 4 impossible hours down into 2. Today sucked from the start.
    I loaded the boy with tylenol (saving advil for the train ride), fed him, gave him his bottle, cuddled him, sang to him, cried with him and eventually we bot got exhausted and he fell asleep. That gave me 45 minutes to throw together everything I could possible need, pack a bag for the train ride and a bag for the dr. Wake him up (I hate doing that!) and head to the dr. Did I mention I had to go 30mins away because the office in town didnt have any appointments? We go and see the dr. "I think its teething but I wanted to make sure it was nothing else as we will be away for the next week". He had a 101.4 fever and no higher for 2 days. I assumed teething but I was informed by the dr that teething does not cause fever. Which is something that I had assumed was normal because everyone and their best friend told me it was. I was told rudely by this dr that his ears were fine, throat and breathing were fine and he was fine. I could run bloodwork the next day for the "fever" but since I was going away I was NOT going to take proper care of my child. "Oh, ill be staying with a pediatrician so im not too worried". Well if your not too worried there was no reason to come in today. She walked out with an attitude and gave me a pamphlet on fevers. Thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to need services from 5 hours away and I had already assumed it was nothing but didnt want to burden people if my child was actually sick.
   Got home, got bags, loaded car, headed to pick up mother in law. Got Matt, he dropped us off and drove off. I then had Matt to come back and drop off my phone since I left it in the car. Ooops. I needed to change a diaper but there was no where to change a diaper in the tiny Amtrak station. Got on the train, changed a diaper. All was going to be okay.


Logan was slightly confused as to what to do about this train thing.

But realized he could play!


and stand and make music with his mouth (note the train shirt :P)



and look out the window!


and nap, so sweet!


and bug grandma


and watch out the window with grandma.


We made it. It was not bad at all. He also went to sleep no problem that night. Thank goodness.

No comments: