Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big things today!

At 7 this morning, Matt and I had our usual conversations as he gets ready for work. I made a comment about not feeling baby yesterday as we already knew it wasnt in an active mood. But then baby decided to kick me. So, Matt was saying bye to me and I figured we could try again and see what he could feel. We have tried before and I know he has felt it but he didnt really know if he did since my pulse is also really strong right there. But today, he got a good swift kick to the hand. That was one of the strongest kicks I have had yet so, someone wanted to say hi. Or get away.

And we are going to register tonight! I wanted to wait till we saw the ultrasound and make sure everything was fine. I knew we wouldnt find out the gender but I wanted to see who we were picking things out for. And now that I know baby has some fine acrobatic moves, we need a good baby gym! With those long and skinny legs, we may have a runner on our hands just like daddy was. As long as baby bard isnt always as lazy as yesterday and gets off the couch on occasion, ill be happy.

We picked out our bedding and will be buying that very soon. The room is going to be cleaned out soon and then I can tape and put plastic on the floor. I am just priming the trim and walls. The walls will get a million coats of trim since the people before painted it an ugly blue. Over an orange or pink color, or both. With a good size closet, and 4 windows, theres a lot of trim. We also need to paint the closet, it has been primed, and paint the closet door. I want Matt to switch the door around into the room also. It opens to the right which is going to be the play area. I want it to open to the left so it opens into the part of the room we need more. It makes sence to me.

And Matt is getting ready to take on our bathroom. We have one bathroom and im hoping I can convince him to renovate the week im gone so I dont have to worry about peeing every 5 mins. The whole thing will be gutted. The walls and ceiling will be coming out. The closet is going to be remade due to the walls being rotted and the tubs all being longer than our current one. New tile floor, new toilet and sink, new mirror of some sort and fixtured and wall stuff and cabnets. We also are going to add a real heater and vent! We have a vent but the heater is a red heat lamp that sucks.

No comments: