Thursday, February 19, 2009

Moved in!

We spent tuesday packing and loading up a truck. My mom, Bryan, Grammy, Grandpa, and Eric helped Matt and I run as fast as we could out of that house. Truck was loaded and ready to go that night.
Wednessday morning started early. We had no comps or tvs tot keep us up late the night before. We loaded breakables into my car, cleaned a bit, showered, loaded more stuff up into the truck and car and headed to the lawers office. We signed a bunch of papers and got our key! We were ready to go to our house where we had people waiting for us! Easy right? Too easy?? Oh yes.
We needed a bank check. So, we headed to one bank to get money. Then headed to the next bank to get money. Then we had to drive one town over to the next bank and get money and our check. They say not to move money around before you close, so we didn't. We met my mom and gave her the key. Matt went with my mom and family back to the house to drop of the key. Then the boys went to get the truck while my gram and mom cleaned. I headed to the lawyers to bring the check. Finally I can head home!
I was greated with ballons on my lamp post! I had my mom and grammy cleaning my kitchen, where they stayed and cleaned all day long. My aunt was there for a bit too. Then the boys came and unloaded the truck into the front room. They went so fast! We ordered pizza before they started and they were done a little after the pizza came. After we ate, the boys brought boxes to where they went and somehow kept themselves busy with tasks. The women cleaned. My mom and Grandma cleaned my whole kitched from top to bottem. They also unloaded boxes and unpacked all my food and gadgets. It was so helpful.
Then Matt and I ran to walmart for a bunch of stuff and a snow shovel. They had no snow shovels!! I know the seasons almost over but, what if someone broke theirs and needed a new one??? Home depot had some though. We came home and went right to bed.
Today, I woke up and got ready for work. I ran the tub real quick to wet my hair and got ready. I ran downstairs to get my clothes from the dryer and the floor was soking wet. Puddles. Crap! So I told my handy man of a husband and he shrugged and walked away. Great. I worked today when he unloaded more boxes and took care of importent stuff. He changed the locks and did some much needed small things. I came home and my mom and Bryan came shortly after. Bryan fixed the leak and put up my new shower head. :P And right now Im stealing internet off the neighbor cause the comcast guy didn't run any wires
Comcast came. He spliced a wire going to one room cause he didn't put it there and we were only paying for one room. He hooked up the one tv. He ran the phone and got thar hooked up. And I dont know what he did with the internet. He turned it on I think. But didn't run any wires. Thanks.
AHHHH all this from our first full day as home owners.
/sigh
This is going to be a big project.

No comments: