Saturday, February 21, 2009

Never ever ever wallpaper! EVER!

Wallpaper sucks! And of ypou don't prep and prome the walls, it sucks even more. Last night, Matt and Bryan stripped most of the wallpaper in the bedroom. 3 out of 4 walls were somewhat easy. As in the paper came off the wall. We also had not used water yet. They were using razors and knives. We are trying hard not to destroy the new carpets. One wall would just not peel. the whole thing required a very sharp razor, and eventually water. At this point tonight, the walls are wallpaper and glue free. We need to sand down the wall and then we can paint! Now I need to find a comforter and sheet set we like so we can pick out a color for the walls.
These people were not cleaning fanatics. I may not be either but, some things should not be gross. like the shower. It was DISGUSTING. My mother has spent a total 5 hours in my shower alone. She scrubbed every tile. I think when they grouted the shower, they got it all over the walls. As of yesterday, I would not have taken a bath in my tub. And today, I would lick the bottem. Not really. But it is beautiful and came clean so nicely. I am so thankfull that my mother did what she did. It was amazing and I wish I had better before and after pictures.

No comments: