Monday, February 9, 2009

You'd think I had an update

But I have no new information at all. This house buying crap is no fun... at all. I hope to only have to do this a max of one more time. And that would only happen if it was worth it in 20 years. But, I'd rather not and we don't plan on it.
The realestate dude came home today from a camping trip. Yes a camping trip in the winter. Crazy dude. And when I asked if the tent was insulated, he told me he doesn't use a tent. He just bings a tarp and enjoys the outdoors. Ill stick to summer camping myself
So, we called him last night and told him that he needs to get a piece of paper he has, to be signed by the sellers and brought to the bank. He needs to make sure the garage door is patched up and he needs to call the lawyer and demand our closing date. Or at least I would like him to demand a closing date :P The good news is, we locked in our loan rate. We knew it might go down, but only by a quarter of a percent. That would still stink but! It went up! So, we did good by locking in.
As soon as we close, we have to get our bedroom furnature. That includes a matress so we can sleep. We picked it out already so we just need to buy it. We need to strip the walls in the bedroom cause they have wallpaper and thats just dumb. We need to paint it. We need new counters and a floor in the kitchen cause the blue sucks. Blue doesn't go with green and yellow. And we need to take the wallpaper of those walls and paint em. No other rooms have wallpaper. Then we need to paint the bathroom. And we need to find living room furnature cause we have none too. And then paint that. I have no clue what color for the living room. And then we need to paint the dinning area and second bedroom and hallway. And then in 10 years, we need to add on a third and maybe 4th room and most likely a second bathroom. That is the plan anyway. Lets see how far we deviate from it.
Anywho... My next post had better have a date in it.

No comments: