Friday, July 22, 2011

39 weeks!

2-3cm dilated, fully effaced and fully thinned. I'm told the baby can't get any lower than it is. I got my membranes stripped and all I feel is crampy for now. Im a ticking time bomb now! The ultrasound showed low fluid but not dangerous yet and the baby wasn't gaining much weight but it was getting bigger at an estimated 6 1/2lbs. I haven't gained weight since trimester 3 started an I lost a few lbs. Doc wasn't too happy with that but I know I'm eating! Food keeps the heartburn away! I also threw up this morning... Doesn't help matters. The ultrasoun lady told me that with my low fluid and slow growth I would probably not be alowed another week. But the doc said it was good enough for now but asked if I wanted to pick a day next week anyways! I said no. As much as I want baby out yesterday, I don't want pitocin if I don't need it and I dont have gbs so I'd rather deal with an iv as least as possible. I'm also nor the biggest fan of the epidural idea so I'd rather lower my chances for an epidural and c-sec by not getting induced. I'm only 39 weeks and don't have any big issues, don't really have little issues either. We scheduled an NST for Tuesday to make sure things are still all good and I have my appointment for next Friday set up. Then we can talk about inducing. Until then, I'm going to clean my house.

1 comment:

JoyceTheMom said...

and when you're done cleaning yours you can come help with mine....LOL Too hot to do anything - just been sitting here doing mending - yes, it is THAT HOT! (I HATE mending - love sewing but HATE mending...so to be doing mending it HAS to be too hot to do anything else...hehehe)